Stress Relief Coaching
If you are struggling with stress, stress relief coaching can help you...
- greatly reduce or eliminate your stress symptoms
- create a vision of the less stressful, more balanced, and joyful life that is right for you
- quickly identify the stressors that are stressing you out and keeping you from living the life you want so that you can "nip them in the bud" as they occur
- change self-limiting stress triggering beliefs (mind-sets) to positive productive beliefs
- change self-defeating stress amplifying behaviors to positive productive behaviors
- set well-formed achievable goals that you can use to make the life you desire a reality
- identify and tap into resources that can help you be successful in achieving the life you want
- form and implement a plan to reach or exceed your goals and enjoy a less stressful, more balanced, and joyful lifestyle.
What is stress relief coaching?
a process through which a professionally trained coach helps you…
- clarify exactly what you want your
life (or some part of your life) to be like
- set goals
- identify the resources needed to move
toward your goals
- develop and implement a plan
concerning how you can achieve your goals
- identify and overcome obstacles
encountered along the way.
coach originally referred to a means of transportation such as a stagecoach. Currently, the word is still used to refer to
transportation such as when we say, "I will be flying coach."
the word began to be used to refer to helping people move from where they are
to where they want to be in some aspect of their lives. Any aspect of your life can be the focus of
Thus, stress relief coaching may focus on
(but is not limited to) life balance, lifestyle management, movement through
transitions, the achievement of short-term and long-term goals, career
development, relationship enhancement, spiritual growth, decision making, and
The coaching relationship helps you
stay clear, focused, and actively moving forward toward your desired outcomes.
Stress Relief Coaching is not...
Often, when trying to understand coaching, it is helpful to understand what coaching is not.
- Coaching is not mentoring. Mentoring is a relationship between a person who has more experience in some life area or skill and a person who has less experience in that life area or skill. The mentor shares his/her experiences and wisdom with the person being mentored helping him/her grow and become more successful. Mentoring is a top-down, outside-in process. Through life experiences the mentor is an expert and is sharing expertise and giving advice to the person being mentored.
- Coaching is not consulting. Consulting is a relationship between a person who has become an expert in some life area or skill through specialized training and a person who lacks that expertise or skill. The consultant assesses the person's situation and gives that person advice concerning how to be more successful or how to accomplish some specific outcome. A lawyer is a consultant that gives his/her clients advice about what to do concerning a legal situation. A physician is a consultant that gives his/her clients advice about what to do concerning a medical concern. Consulting, like mentoring, is a top-down, outside-in process.
- Coaching is not psychotherapy or counseling. Psychotherapy or counseling is a relationship between a person who is wounded, sick, or dysfunctional in some way and a therapist who is trained to facilitate that person in healing, recovery, or remediation. The focus is on overcoming a problem or dysfunction. The client is viewed as being unhealthy or dysfunctional. Again, this is a top-down, outside-in process.
Stress relief coaching is a different way of helping.
Coaching is different in that…
- You and I (as your coach) are considered equal partners in a collaborative relationship.
- You are viewed as the expert on your life. You are also viewed as being psychologically healthy, creative, and resourceful. Thus, you are in the driver's seat when it comes to the focus of your coaching sessions -- the coaching session agenda. You will decide on the content that will be processed and determine what specific changes you will make or actions you will take.
- As your coach, I am the expert on the process of facilitating change.
- I will provide you with a framework for the stress relief coaching process. You can use the framework to guide you as you work toward achieving your goals and setting the agenda for the coaching sessions. Or you can move away from the framework as you wish, if you believe an alternative path would be more beneficial. You are in the driver’s seat when it comes to coaching.
- I will use various techniques to draw insight and wisdom from you. Techniques may include (but are not limited to) questioning, examining your lifestyle, values clarification, brainstorming, making requests, the completion of written assignments, education, goal setting, forming plans of action, establishing agreements with you to change behavior, and accountability.
- As a coach, I do not give advice.
The coaching relationship is a partnership. Thus, coaching is a unilateral, inside-out process.
How I approach coaching...
My job as your coach will be to help you…
- Describe your own vision
- Determine your own life direction
- Set your own goals
- Develop your own plan as to how to reach your goals
- Establish your own priorities
- Implement your own plan
- Identify obstacles that you encounter along the way
- Deal with the obstacles in such a way that you continue to progress toward your own goals.
Coaching sessions are all about you.
The logistics of coaching are...
We will schedule stress relief coaching sessions on the phone and/or Internet. These sessions will be individual and/or group sessions.
There will be one week each month when no session will be scheduled. This gives you time to reflect on what has been covered during your sessions, consolidate changes that you have made, and determine what you want to focus on next. This also gives me time to study, to focus on my own personal growth work, and to rest so that I will have the energy and intrapersonal resources to be the best coach possible for you.
Here's how to get started...
Schedule a no cost no obligation Stress Relief Strategy Session at
or by phone at
The Stress Relief - Life Balance News and Tips newsletter
is filled with brief, to-the-point tips, information, resources,
special offers, and breaking news to help you make your life less
stressful, more balanced, and highly satisfying. If you are
stressed-out, you will benefit from this valuable resource.
GET YOUR NEWSLETTER BY CLICKING HERE.